In Case of a Medical Emergency
In the event of an accident or a medical emergency
Contact the police at 112 or emergency medical help at 119. If you ask for an ambulance in English, one will be sent to your location. If you have travel accident insurance coverage, contact your insurance provider.
Help Me 119 Service
- You can dial 119 from anywhere in Korea, and your location will be automatically identified.
- Hours of operation : 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Available in 16 languages, including English, Chinese, and Japanese.
Hospitals with International Clinics
Asan Medical Center
International Healthcare Service
- Address : 88, Olympic-ro 43-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Tel : +82-2-3010-5001
- Website : http://eng.amc.seoul.kr [Kor, Eng, Chi, Jpn, Rus, Mon, Ara]
- Hours : 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (weekdays only)
- Transportation : Walk from exit 1 of Jamsillaru Station (Line 2) to the hospital shuttle stop (arrives every 10 minutes); or take bus 4318 from exit 7 of Jamsil Station (Line 2).
Samsung Medical Center
International Health Services (IHS)
- Address : 80, Irwon-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02)3410-0200; 02)3410-6531 (Russian), 02)3410-1075 (Chinese)
- Website : http://english.samsunghospital.com [Kor, Eng, Chi, Ara, Fre, Ger, Hin, Mon, Por, Rus, Spa, Tha, Vie]
- Email : email@example.com
- Hours : 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (weekdays), 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- Transportation : Walk five minutes to SMC from exit 1 of Irwon Station (Line 3)
Seoul National University Hospital
International Healthcare Center
- Address : 101, Daehak-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02)2072-2890/0505
- Website : http://www.snuh.org/english/ [Kor, Eng, Jpn, Chi, Mon, Rus, Ara, Fre, Vie, Spa, Ben, Ger, Tha, Hin, Por]
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours : 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (weekdays) / 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Saturdays)
- Foreign language services : English, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian, and Russian
- Transportation : Hyehwa Station (Line 4, exit 3)
Severance Hospital (Yonsei University Hospital)
International Health Care Center (IHCC)
- Address : 134, Sinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02)2228-5800/5810
- Emergency : 02) 2228 - 8888, 6566
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.yuhs.or.kr/en [Kor, Eng, Jap, Chi, Rus]
- Hours : 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (weekdays; office opens at 8:30 a.m.) / 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Saturdays; walk-in only)
- Transportation : Walk 15 minutes from exit 3 of Sinchon Station (Line 2) or take the shuttle bus in front of exit 1. The hospital is located next to the Yonsei University campus.
Seoul St. Mary's Hospital (Catholic University of Korea)
International Health Care Center
- Address : 222, Banpo-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Tel : 02)2258-5745
- Website : https://www.cmcseoul.or.kr/page/main [Kor, Eng, Jap, Chi, Rus, Ara]
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours : 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (weekdays) / 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Saturdays)
- Foreign language services : English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, French
- Transportation : Walk 5 minutes from exit 4 of Express Bus Terminal Station (Line 7, 9) or take the shuttle bus from exit 3 of Express Bus Terminal Station (Line 3).
All pharmacies in Korea are marked with a “약” sign and are well stocked with Western medicine. Most over-the-counter drugs are only available at pharmacies, but basic over-the-counter drugs, like Tylenol or aspirin, can be purchased at convenience stores. Pharmacies are usually closed on Sundays, but many near major transportation hubs and subway stations often stay open.
Seoul is the new destination of choice for medical tourism. Seoul offers world-class medical services and procedures at affordable prices, relaxing and comfortable accommodations and facilities, and healthy foods, all within a dynamic and exciting city.
There are approximately 14,220 world-class clinics and hospitals in Seoul. In addition to general medicine, services are also widely available in specialty fields like cosmetic surgery, dentistry, ophthalmology, dermatology, and oriental medicine, all of which use state-of-the-art medical technology and equipment.
More about Medical Tourism
*This article was last updated in August 2018 and is subject to change. Before making a visit to Seoul, it is recommended that you double-check the above information on the respective official websites.