The Lunar New Year is China’s biggest holiday and many Chinese citizens spend their holidays traveling and having fun. Seoul Welcome Week will run from Jan. 27th until Feb. 2nd to welcome Chinese tourists spending the holiday in Seoul. Seoul Welcome Week includes events, activities, discounts, and more, geared towards Chinese visitors.
❍ Giant 3m Snow Globe at Namsan Seoul Tower
- Jan. 27th-Feb. 2nd, 12:00-18:00
- Namsan Seoul Tower
is located atop Namsan Mountain and it's one of Seoul's major landmarks. A giant, 3m tall snow globe and photo zone will be located at Namsan Seoul Tower so that tourists can make wishes and lasting memories.
❍ From the Airport to the City : A Seoul Welcome Week Event
- Foreign Tourists : Airport Taxi, Airport Limousine Bus
: Riders will be able to enjoy a Welcome Week lottery event (the prize is one Discover Seoul Pass
card, a Seoul City souvenir)
- Airport Railroad Line, Incheon Int'l Airport Station
: Jan. 27th-Jan. 31st, 10:00-18:00
: A tourist welcome booth will run during Seoul Welcome Week. The booth will offer scratch cards and operate a photo zone.
- Airport Railroad Line, Seoul Station
: Feb. 1st-Feb. 2nd, 10:00-18:00
: A tourist farewell booth will be located here and there will be instant photo events and a photo zone.
- Buxi (Car-Sharing Service)
: Foreign tourists who use Buxi will get 20% off on their fares.
- Safex (Luggage Delivery and Storage Service)
: Foreign tourists who use Safex (Incheon Int'l Airport↔Hotel) will receive a one-way ticket for the Airport Express Train.
❍ Myeong-dong Tourist Information Center (Located in the KEB Hana Bank Building)
- Wishing Tree : 10 people will be chosen by lottery to receive a letter by post
- Yut-nori Game (Traditional Korean Game) : Play a round of a beloved Korean game, Yut-nori. Some participants will receive a traditional souvenir.
-> Myeong-dong Information Center
❍ Seoul Welcome Week Center at Myeong-dong's Noon Square
- Jan. 27th - Feb. 2nd, 12:00-18:00
- The Seoul Welcome Week Center will run in Myeong-dong and visitors can get information on Seoul Welcome Week discounts, events, and pick up coupons. There will also be events held here such as crafts-making, traditional games, and performances of samulnori (traditional Korean music.
❍ Discounts in Seoul's Special Tourist Zones
- Foreign travelers can pick up a coupon book that can be used in Seoul's special tourist zones such as Myeong-dong, Itaewon, Coex, and so on. (10% off of purchase prices.) The coupon book will be available at all tourist information centers and the Seoul Welcome Week Centers.
❍ 20-40% Discount on Tickets for the Seoul City Tour Bus' 6 Course
- Enjoy 40% off on the Traditional Culture Course and 20% off on the Downtown Palace, Seoul Panorama, 1-Story Night, 2-Story Night, and Gangnam City Courses.
- How to receive a discount : When purchasing your ticket, present your passport.
-> For details on Seoul City Tour Buses, click here
Seoul's Lunar New Year Sales and Shopping Information
▶ Korea Grand Sale 2017 (1.20 - 2.28)
- The Korea Grand Sale is the country's biggest sales event, and it's similar to Black Friday in other countries.
- During the Korea Grand Sale (1. 20-2.28), the Discover Seoul Pass
can be had for 25% off!
(This exclusive offer is only available through One More Trip
. The discount only applies to purchases made online.)
->For more information on the Korea Grand Sale, click here
▶ New Duty Free Stores and Sale Information
- Galleria Duty Free 63
: Use Union Pay and receive prepaid gift cards from Jan. 28th to Feb. 28th!
When using a Union Pay card, purchases of at least $300/$500 will mean a 10,000 won/20,000 won prepaid gift card.
Duty Free : Night-time shoppers will receive an additional 5% discount (Mon-Sun 21:00-24:00).
- Shilla Duty Free
: Only foreign tourists who are not part of a guided tour group are eligible to receive discounts; purchases of at least $300 will receive a discount of 30,000 won.
- Shinsegae Duty Free Department Store (Myeong-dong Branch)
: Receive discounts of 10,000 won/20,000 won/30,000 won/50,000 won when purchasing at least $100/$200/$300/$500 respectively.
- Hyundai Department Store
: Purchases made with Union Pay cards receive a 5% discount and a 5% discount gift certificate.
- Lotte Hotel Seoul
, Lotte Hotel World
, L7 Myeongdong: Get a coupon book and a transit card exchange coupon at check-in!
For Chinese travelers who are not part of guided tour groups, samples of SK-Ⅱ will be given out at Lotte Hotel Seoul, while supplies last.
2 transit card exchange coupons will be given per 1 standard room. The coupon can be exchanged for a transit card within the Lotte Mall, and the transit card is worth 10,000 won.
- Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
: 30% off on standard rooms (Feb. 5th to Feb. 8th are exempt), free breakfast when booking 2 nights.