The Old Seoul Engineering School Main Hall (formerly known as the Central Laboratory Complex) was built in 1906 and designated Historic Site No. 289 in 1981. The building was designed by the national Architecture Bureau. While in use as a school, students were taught how to use modern technologies and skills such as dyeing, weaving, papermaking, goldsmithing and woodworking. The building now functions as a museum and is part of Korea National Open University.