> Tourist Destinations> Guesthouse
Published Date : 2020-10-20 / Edited Date : 2021-01-07
- Check-in : 16:00 / Check-out : 12:00
- Jeong.yeon.jae in Samcheong-dong is a single-family Hanok for only one group of people! The moment when your mind opens, the house in which comfort stays... (“Jeong” means comfortable, “Yeon” means relationship, and “Jae” means house) Jeong.yeon.jae was built here over 80 years ago in 1938. It was renovated in May 2019 to get closer to nature. *Beep* When the thick wooden gate opens, the sun shines on Daecheongmaru (den) and the breeze gently blows. A small bamboo garden welcomes you. Take a break from your everyday life and quietly open your mind. We truly hope that all the relationships you will make here will offer you unparalleled comfort. Enjoy the relaxation and pleasure of a cup of tea in a private, open-air bath while experiencing the tranquil atmosphere of a single-family hanok located in downtown Samcheong-dong. Jeong.yeon.jae is located nearby the area around Gyeongbokgung Palace, National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, and Samcheong-dong Hanok Village, making it convenient to visit these tourist areas.
- A single-family hanok for two people that can be used by a maximum of four people. 1 room with a queen-sized bed One small room (blankets and quilts are provided at a fee for additional guests) Hanok in the shape of a 7 with one bathroom, a kitchen, living room, and Daecheongmaru (den). Jeong.yeon.jae has a small rooftop. This is the best place from which to see the clouds, moon, and stars over the eaves. On a bright, moonlit night, relieve your fatigue in the open-air bath of Jeong.yeon.jae with a warm body and cool head! There is no TV available at Jeong.yeon.jae, but we offer a bamboo garden that you will want to visit over and over again. Your eyes and ears will be pleased watching the bamboo leaves blowing and crunching in the wind. :) We will offer more detailed directions and instructions via text message one day before your arrival.
Type, Rooms, Capacity Type Rooms Capacity Family Room 1 4
- Washing machine
- Private bathroom
- Kitchen (cooking utensils)
- Assessible room
19-14, Samcheong-ro 7-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
(서울 종로구 삼청로7길 19-14)
- 15-minute walk from Exit 2 of Anguk Station on subway Line 3
Take Town Bus Jongno #11, get off at Samcheong-dong Police Box, and walk 3 minutes
It is difficult to find Jeong.yeon.jae on NAVER Map, as it guides you to our back door. (Search for Kim Hyun-joo Gallery instead.)
Enter the alley at the road sign of the 19-10 gil next to Kim Hyun-joo Gallery. Jeong.yeon.jae is located in front of the wooden gate at the dead end of the alley.
Parking is not available.
We strongly recommended using public transportation.
We recommend parking in the closest Daehwa Parking Lot.
(4-minute walk (257m) from Daehwa Parking Lot)
A discount is offered to customers staying at Jeong.yeon.jae.
Max. KRW 20,000 per day (9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.)
KRW 30,000 for customers to staying at Jeong.yeon.jae
9-minute walk (600m) from parking lot of National Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul
KRW 3,000 per hour
Max. KRW 20,000 per day (8:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.)