Attractions to Enjoy Together with Your Pets in Seoul
See & Do Tours
Images: moodleoff Instagram
Currently, one out of five people in Seoul own a pet. Transitioning from being just property to lifelong friends and family members, the perception of pets has begun to change drastically in Korea. However, even with the growing number of pet owners and perception, there still aren’t a lot of places for owners to go with their pets in the city, or so it seems. Let us introduce you to some great places you can visit with your beloved pet in Seoul.
IFC Mall, a multiplex shopping mall is a mall where you’re allowed to visit with your pet. Visitors can check to see which facilities (restaurant, store, elevator, parking lot, etc.) allow pets by checking signage outside storefronts or by checking online on the mall’s official website (Korean). In case of emergencies, waste disposal bag can be found next to elevator and escalators. Owners who’ve been dreaming of shopping with their beloved pets should visit only after checking the regulations below to learn about and practice proper pet etiquette in public places.
Located in Apgujeong, Forest Breath is a multicultural space which is open 24 hours. Equipped with a movie theater, café, bookstore, and playground, Forest Breath is a place of rest and leisure where visitors can take a nap in the massage chairs or drink beer while watching a romance movie. A great place for meeting or having an indoor date, this facility is even more special because it allows pet owners to bring their pets. Places that allow pets are rare in the city. However, Forest Breath has a special space for dogs of all breeds to run and play to their heart’s content. Also selling dog snacks and toys, this place is a perfect place for owners to play and rest with their pets.
Dog parks are place where dogs can be let free to run without a leash. Seoul Metropolitan Government currently operates 3 public dog parks in Seoul World Cup Stadium, Children’s Grand Park, and Boramae Park. These facilities are open to registered pets and owners who are ages 13 and older. Open Mondays to Sundays, these places are frequented by more and more dogs as it gets warmer. A place made specially for the enjoyment of pets and their owners, owners are advised to follow park regulations and pet etiquette while using these facilities.
1. Dogs must be accompanied by their owners in the park.
- Owners age 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Accompanying adult are responsible for safety of children.
2. Leash and waste bag are mandatory upon entrance to park.
- Dogs must be leashed upon entering and exiting the park.
3. Owners must supervise their dogs to prevent outbreaks of fighting.
4. Aggressive, sick dogs or dogs in heat are prohibited from entrance.
5. Smoking and food is prohibited inside park.
- All kinds of food including human and dog food is prohibited.
6. Please refrain from rude behavior and actions which threaten other dogs and pet owners.