Where are the places where Yoo Jae-suk won a game, Song Ji-hyo and Gary had an affectionate quarrel or Lee Kwang-soo betrayed his team? Experience < Running Man > achieving great popularity around the world!
Course : Seoul Museum of History – Gwanghwamun Square - Seoul Metropolitan Library/ Citizens’ Hall – Myeongdong Street
Course 1 Seoul Museum of History
The Running Man race took place with Victoria and Lee Joon at the Museum. The couple in the
romantic comedy drama < Me Too, Flower > had their first date here too. Visitors can get a stamp at the
information desk of the Museum.
Business Hours : Weekdays 09:00~20:00 / Weekends, National Holidays 09:00~18:00
Directions : Located about 700m away from Subway Line 5, Gwanghwamun Station, Exit 7
Telephone : +82-2-724-0274 ㅣ Website : www.museum.seoul.kr
MBC drama < me too, flower!>
- Original run : November 9, 2011 ~ December 28, 2011
- Summary : Romantic comedy that follows the relationship of a female police officer and an undercover boss.
- Scene : The first date location of Kim Dal(played by Seo Hyo-rim) and Park Tae-hwa(played by Jo Minki)
- Hallyu topic : Hallyu stars Yoon Shi-yoon and Lee Gi-gwang(Beast) casted
- Actor Yoon Shi-yoon : Gained international stardom through hit dramas < King of Baking, Kim Takgu > and < High Kick Through the Roof >. Cast in Chinese drama and Japanese film.
*Chinese drama, < Happy Noodle >; lead role in Japanese film, < Brand Guardians >
*Key roles : < High Kick Through the Roof >; < King of Baking, Kim Takgu >; < Flower Boys Next Door >
- Actress Lee Ji-ah : Gained international fame in Asia through her roles in hit dramas, < The Legend > and < Beethoven Virus >
Course 2 Gwanghwamun Square
Gwanghwamun Square, was the location of a gunfight scene in the series < Iris >, as well as a bowling game involving the protagonists of the TV show < Running Man >. The Square is much loved by tourists as a souvenir photo spot.
Directions : Located about 200m away from Subway Line 5, Gwanghwamun Station, Exit 8
KBS Drama < iris>
- Original run : October 14, 2009 ~ December 17, 2009
- Summary : A hit blockbuster drama about South Korean black ops agents risking their lives to prevent a second Korean War.
- Scene : After recovering the North Korean nuclear weapon at Gwanghwamun, a firefight between Kim Hyun-jun (played by Lee Byung-hun) and North Korean terrorists takes place at Gwanghwamun Square.
- Hallyu topic : Awarded the best foreign production at the 2010 International Drama Festival in Tokyo
*Broadcasted in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Middle East
- Actor Lee Byung-hun : Actor Lee Byung-hun achieves international stardom in Asia, Europe and the Americas after hit drama, < All In >. Becomes a Hollywood star after appearing in < G.I. Joe >.
* Co-star with Bruce Willis in Hollywood film, < Red 2 >
* Key roles : < IRIS 1 >, < A Bittersweet Life >, < The Good, the Bad, the Weird >,
* Key roles : < G.I. Joe >
- Actor T.O.P : A member of K-pop group Big Bang. Notable for his role as a cold blooded killer in < IRIS 1 >
* Key roles: < IRIS 1 >, < 71: Into the Fire >, < The Commitment >
Course 3 Seoul Metropolitan Library / Citizens’ Hall
The mission from < Running Man > was carried out at the Seoul Metropolitan Library and Seoul Citizens’ Hall. Let’s take a photo with the cast members of Running Man! What’s more, Psy’s music video Gentleman was filmed here. Visitors can get a stamp at the information desk on the first basement level of Citizens’ Hall.
Business Hours : Summer season 9:00~21:00 / Winter season 9:00~20:00
Directions : Subway Lines 1 and 2, City Hall Station, Exit 4 ㅣ Telephone : +82-2-739-9922
Website : lib.seoul.go.kr / www.seoulcitizenshall.kr
SBS Variety Show < running man>
- Original run : July 11, 2010 - present
- Summary : Running Man is new genre in reality-variety shows. Focused in the urban environment, the celebrity cast completes missions at various Korean landmarks to win the race.
- Episode : 130('13.1.27), 143('13.4.28)
- Seoul City Hall, Citizens Hall, and Seoul Library featured in Running Man episode 130 (aired January 27, 2013).
Course 4 Myeongdong Street
Let’s enjoy a sensory shopping experience.
From Myeongdong Street with youthful energy of Hallyu to Namdaemun Market offering
a traditional Korean market culture! If you are ready to immerse yourself in Hallyu Shopping’s charm,
let’s go right now!