About the PyeongChang Winter Olympics
The Olympics are an international celebration of athleticism and goodwill, as well as the world's premier sporting competition. The 23rd Winter Olympics will take place in PyeongChang, South Korea from Feb. 9th until Feb. 25th, 2018. Over a period of 17 days, the Winter Olympics will hold 102 sporting events in 15 different disciplines. 6 new sporting events were included in the Olympic roster and 4 of these events will debut at the Olympics in PyeongChang. Snowboarding big air (men and women), speed skating mass start (men and women), curling mixed doubles, and alpine skiing teams are the newest additions to the Winter Olympics.
: 02.09.2018 - 02.25.2018 (17 days)
: PyeongChang / Gangneung / Jeongseon
Winter Olympic Sports
Alpine skiing, biathlon, cross-country skiing, freestyle skiing, ski jumping, nordic combined, and snowboarding
Short track speed skating, speed skating, figure skating, ice hockey, and curling
Bobsleigh, luge, and skeleton
Joint Marketing Campaign for the PyeongChang Olympics
Seoul, GyeongGi Province and Gangwon Province will be launching a joint marketing campaign for the Winter Olympics. The three entities will work to raise interest in the Olympics and increase visitors to Korea. The joint campaign will include promotional advertisements, informational road shows, major events in Korea, and FAM tours for foreign media.
TV Ads and Online Promotional Videos
Road Shows in Foreign Cities
Major Events in Korea
FAM Tours for Foreign Media Outlets
Seoul-PyeongChang Travel Items
The popular Discover Seoul Pass is set to launch a special edition pass for the PyeongChang Winter Olympics! The mobile marketplace One More Trip is a convenient way for tourists to browse and purchase a range of unique Korean activities, items, and tours. In the run-up to the Olympics, online promotions events will take place featuring various travel items and services like One More Trip and the Discover Seoul Pass.
Special Edition Seoul-PyeongChang Pass to Launch
Discover Seoul Pass www.discoverseoulpass.com
- A 24 hr. travel pass for foreign nationals
- The pass provides entry for 16 Seoul attractions and also works as a Tmoney card
- The Tmoney card function does not expire and can be used on return trips to Korea. Tmoney cards can be used as payment at many places such as convenience stores and on public transportation.
- Price : 39,900 won (save over 70% in admission fees with the Discover Seoul Pass)
- A special edition pass will be launched for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Seoul City Tour Bus : 10 - 20% discount on tickets
Traveling from Seoul to PyeongChang
Seoul to PyeongChang :
Dong Seoul Terminal (Bus) -> PyeongChang Intercity Bus Terminal
Dong Seoul Terminal (Bus) -> Hoenggye Intercity Bus Stop
Nambu Bus Terminal -> Hoenggye Intercity Bus Stop
Seoul to Gangneung :
Dong Seoul Terminal (Bus) -> Gangneung Intercity Bus Terminal
Seoul to Jeongseon :
Dong Seoul Terminal (Bus) -> Jeongseon Intercity Bus Terminal
* The KTX bullet train from Seoul to PyeongChang is scheduled for completion around the end of 2017. The train will depart from Seoul and go directly to PyeongChang, offering a convenient mode of travel for visitors.
* Dong Seoul Terminal (Korean) -> Official Website
* Nambu Bus Terminal -> National intercity bus reservation service (Korean) Official Website
PyeongChang 2018 Landmarks in Seoul
PyeongChang Olympics Countdown Clock at Seoul Plaza
City Buses Featuring Official Mascots Soohorang and Bandabi
PyeongChang Olympics PR Zone at Seoul Station
About the PyeongChang Winter Paralympics
The 2018 PyeongChang Winter Paralympics will commence in PyeongChang on March 9th, 2018! The Paralympics will run for 10 days; closing on March 18th, 2018. The opening and closing ceremonies, as well as the majority of sporting events, will take place in PyeongChang. However, events in the ice sports are scheduled to take place in Gangneung and the para alpine skiing events are scheduled to take place in Jeongseon.
Dates : 03.09.2018 - 03.18.2018 (10 days)
Event Locations : PyeongChang / Gangneung / Jeongseon
Winter Paralympic Sports : 80 sporting events will take place in 6 sporting disciplines. The disciplines are para alpine skiing, para biathlon, para cross-country skiing, para ice hockey, para snowboard and wheelchair curling.)