Eating Out in Seoul?
There are quite a few halal and Muslim-friendly restaurants in Seoul that allow for visitors to keep to their dietary restrictions while enjoying Seoul. Restaurants are categorized as halal certified when they are officially certified by the Korea Muslim Federation (KMF); self certified when owned or operated by Muslims. Muslim friendly restaurants offer halal dining options, and pork free restaurants may not always have halal dining but they do not serve pork.
by the KMF
Certified as a Muslim
Muslim-Friendly Restaurant Guide Key
|Alcohol free||Pork free|
Halal and Muslim-Friendly Restaurants in Seoul
There are 9 officially certified halal restaurants in Seoul and they are located in Itaewon and at COEX in Samseong. However, there are many other Muslim-friendly restaurants in areas throughout Seoul. Enjoy delicious halal and Muslim-friendly meals while in Seoul!
- Pasha Address : 189 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-793-6144 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Kervan (Itaewon Branch) Address : 2F, 190 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-792-4767 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Kervan (COEX Mall Branch) Address : 513 Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-556-4767 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Kervan Express GFC Address : 152 Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-566-4767 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Mr. Kebab Address : 192 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-70-7758-1997 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Istanbul Delight Address : 40 Usadan-ro 10-gil / Telephone : +82-70-4209-3391 / Cuisine : Turkish
- Makan Address : 52 Usadan-ro 10-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-6012-2231 / Cuisine : Korean
- Eid Address : 67 Usadan-ro 10-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-70-8889-8210 / Cuisine : Korean
- Salam Address : 39 Usadan-ro 10-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul / Telephone : +82-2-793-4323 / Cuisine : Turkish
* Restaurants Recommended by Muslims Living in Seoul
|Makan||52 Usadan-ro 10-gil,
- Samgye-tang (ginseng
|Bombay Grill||11 Usadan-ro 10-gil,
Chicken biryani, curry,
|Eid||67 Usadan-ro 10-gil,
- Samgye-tang (ginseng
- jjim dak (braised spicy
|Plant||20 Itaewon-ro 16-gil,
|Pizza & Burger Plus||19-1 Usadan-ro,
|+82-2-790-4883||Western||Halal fast food|
|Halal Guys||187 Itaewon-ro,
|Chicken, beef gyro|
|Kampungku||Namsan-dong 2ga 16-5,
|+82-2-310-9249||Malaysian||Authentic Malaysian food|
Nostalgia 151 (Gwanghwamun
|19 Saemunan-ro 9-gil,
|+82-2-733-3522||Korean||seoksoe bulgogi (grilled
bulgogi), sundubu-jjigae (soft tofu stew)
|Ose Gye Hyang||14-7 Insadong 12-gil,
|Vegetarian jajangmyeon (noodles with black
soybean sauce), vegan
steak, vegan BBQ
|14 Ewhayeodae 7-gil,
|+82-2-1661-1907||Korean||Al bap (rice with fish roe)|
|Halal Kitchen||Samcheong-ro 86-4, Jongno-gu, Seoul||+82-2-733-3106||Korean||Dak gangjeong (sweet &
sour chicken), hanbang
chicken soup with
|Jjukkumi King||1st Fl, 39 Neungdong-ro
13-gil, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul
* Click here for more details on the city's recommended Halal restaurants
Muslim prayer rooms are available in Seoul with a variety of different features. Foot basins, prayer items, compasses, and more can be found in Seoul's prayer rooms.
Ablution Room (WUDU)
Ablution rooms will typically have sinks or washing basins that are low to the floor for convenient use
Qibla (direction to Mecca), prayer mats, the Quran
Misc. features may include air-conditioner·heater, prayer room adornments, blinds or curtains
* Islamic Center/Community-Run Prayer Room
Area : Seoul / Name : Al-Falah Masjid/Al-Falah Mosque / Address : 5 Yeongsin-ro 19-gil, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul
* Prayer Rooms for Visitors
Muslim Travel Guidebook and Map
The Muslim Dining Guidebook lists a wide range of Muslim-friendly restaurants, while the map includes listings for Muslim-friendly restaurants, prayer rooms, and more. To read or download the guidebook or map, please click here.
Useful Korean Phrases
Here are some useful Korean phrases that visitors can use while in Seoul. English, Romanization, and Hangeul are all conveniently shown for ease of use.
Dwaeji gogi, ham, bacon ppaego juseyo.
돼지 고기, 햄, 베이컨 빼고 주세요.
Eumsige sool neochi maseyo.
음식에 술 넣지 마세요.
Gidosil eodi eyo?
Gogi ppaego juseyo.
고기 빼고 주세요.
Halal gogi eyo?
할랄 고기 예요?
Young eo menupan innayo?
영어 메뉴판 있나요?
Hwa jang sil eodi eyo?
____e gago sipeoyo. Eodiro gaya hanayo?
____에 가고 싶어요. 어디로 가야 하나요?
[May. 04, 2017 18:05 Input / Jan. 08, 2018 00:00 Publish]
Tags#Prayer Room #Super Junior #Eru #Restaurants #Red Velvet #Islam #NCT 127 #Seoullo7017 #Itaewon #Yesung #Food #Seoullo #Itaewon #Halal #Muslim #Halal Food #Seoul